When Harrison Lane’s clients made the decision to move from Remuera out to Karaka, they had their heart set on a beautiful stable complex over-looking a fabulous arena
There was an existing small barn already on the site that the owners wanted to keep in place as an ancillary building to support the main complex and offer storage for the more messy and mundane farm equipment. The project took just over twelve months to complete the arena, stable complex, truck shed and landscaping.
The stable complex is appointed with;
- 3 Point entry/exit concrete breezeway
- 4 Large stables fully enclosed to 2.4m high, with sliding doors for equine entry and exit, sliding shutters for ventilation and light, complete with auto waterers, hay feeders and rubber stable comfort floors for ease of cleaning.
- Dedicated wash bay with recessed LED lighting, equine solarium, 2 x hot/cold water hosing points, non-slip equine safety flooring, and storage for shampoo, bottles, sponges, etc
- Feed room with built-in feed bins, shelving for storage and sink
- Rug room with built-in cabinetry for storage of rugs, washing machine, and dryer
- Tack room with custom made saddle and bridle hanging, cubby units for keeping all the equine essentials tidy, full-length workbench with sink, drawers and further storage
- Access into the covered truck bay
- Access to the 65×30 Arena with free-draining base, sand & fibre riding surface and overhead irrigation.
- Downstairs WC
The first floor incorporates a large open games room with kitchenette – opening out on timber deck with a gorgeous view over the sand and fibre Arena, two very generous rooms for home gym equipment and office space, fully appointed bathroom and separate toilet, store cupboard and access into the roof space.
The landscaping was carefully thought out to optimise drainage and control of surface water.